Time Pieces is an exciting series of repertoire which explores the wealth of music written from the fifteenth century to the present date. The pieces are presented chronologically within each volume and all include the year in which they were written too, so you can map your journey through time!
Volume 3 is aimed at Grades 3-4 level players.
Time Pieces for Trumpet is a three-volume anthology providing a graded selection of well-crafted and idiomatic arrangements, as well as some original pieces, for trumpet and piano. All of them have been carefully written by Paul Harris and John Wallace to adhere closely to the technical parameters of key and note ranges for the early grades whilst providing simple piano accompaniments for the teacher to play.
From Monteverdi to Scott Joplin and from Handel to Shostakovich, Time Pieces for Trumpet allows the pupil to get a real feel for the different styles of music through time and will prove an invaluable, varied source of further study and recital repertoire.
- Branle des Sabots, from Orchésographie [Thoinot Arbeau]
- Very Old Celebrated Trumpet Tune [Anon.]
- Hit and Miss from The English Dancing Master [Anon.]
- Second Air de Trompette [Marc-Antoine Charpentier]
- The Red House from The English Dancing Master [Anon.]
- Prelude. Time Pieces for Trumpet, Vol. 3 [Marc-Antoine Charpentier]
- March [Arcangelo Corelli]
- Impertinence [George Frideric Handel]
- The Shepherds [Louis-Claude Daquin]
- Bugle Horn [Anon.]
- Largo [Thomas Erskine]
- Romanze [Johann Nepomuk Hummel]
- The Monk of Bangor’s March [Ludwig van Beethoven]
- Andantino [Louis Köhler]
- Johnny get your hair cut (American traditional song) [Trad.]
- Humoresque. Time Pieces for Trumpet, Vol. 3 [Antonín Dvorák]
- A New Year Carol from Friday Afternoons, Op. 7 [Benjamin Britten]
- Waltz from Six Children’s Pieces, Op. 69 [Dmitry Shostakovich]
- Lounge Lizard [Paul Harris]
- Trooping the Colour [Paul Harris]