Time Pieces is an exciting new series of repertoire which explores the wealth of music written from the fifteenth century to the present date. The pieces are presented chronologically within each volume and all include the year in which they were written too, so you can map your journey through time!
Volume 2 is aimed at Grade 2-3 level players.
Time Pieces for Trumpet is a three-volume anthology providing a graded selection of well-crafted and idiomatic arrangements, as well as some original pieces, for trumpet and piano.
All of them have been carefully written by Paul Harris and John Wallace to adhere closely to the technical parameters of key and note ranges for the early grades whilst providing simple piano accompaniments for the teacher to play.
From Monteverdi to Scott Joplin and from Handel to Shostakovich, Time Pieces for Trumpet allows the pupil to get a real feel for the different styles of music through time and will prove an invaluable, varied source of further study and recital repertoire.
- Agincourt Carol [Anon.]
- Quinta Canzona [Adriano Banchieri]
- Marche de Triomphe [Marc-Antoine Charpentier]
- Funeral Music for Queen Mary [Henry Purcell]
- Trumpet Tune. Time Pieces for Trumpet, Vol. 2 [Jeremiah Clarke]
- March [Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach]
- Sarabande from Alcina [George Frideric Handel]
- Menuetto and Presto from Divertimento in C, K. 188 [Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart]
- Larghetto from Symphony No. 2 [Ludwig van Beethoven]
- Pas Redouble No. 5 [Luigi Cherubini]
- Rondo [Anton Diabelli]
- Andante con moto [Giuseppe Concone / Alan Richardson]
- The Organ Grinder from Album for the Young [Pyotr Il’yich Tchaikovsky]
- Augustan Club Waltz. Time Pieces for Trumpet, Vol. 2 [Scott Joplin]
- Two Moravian Folk Songs [Leoš Janácek]
- March from Six Children’s Pieces, Op. 69 [Dmitry Shostakovich]
- March of the Villainous Valves [Paul Harris]
- A Sad Song [Cosmo Wallace]