Time Pieces is an exciting series of repertoire which explores the wealth of music written from the fifteenth century to the present date. The pieces are presented chronologically within each volume and all include the year in which they were written too, so you can map your journey through time!
Volume 1 is aimed at Grade 1-2 level of playing.
Time Pieces for Trumpet is a three-volume anthology providing a graded selection of well-crafted and idiomatic arrangements, as well as some original pieces, for trumpet and piano. All of them have been carefully written by Paul Harris and John Wallace to adhere closely to the technical parameters of key and note ranges for the early grades whilst providing simple piano accompaniments for the teacher to play.
From Monteverdi to Scott Joplin and from Handel to Shostakovich, Time pieces for Trumpet allows the pupil to get a real feel for the different styles of music through time and will prove an invaluable, varied source of further study and recital repertoire.
- Buffens from Orchesographie [Thoinot Arbeau]
- Magnificat from Vespers of 1610 [Claudio Monteverdi]
- Dance from The English Dancing Master [Anon. English]
- Come, ye Sons of Art [Henry Purcell]
- Minuet from The Water Music [George Frideric Handel]
- Ein’ feste Burg from Cantata No. 80 [Johann Sebastian Bach]
- Allegretto from Fantasia No. 4 [Georg Philipp Telemann]
- Menuet [Louis-Claude Daquin]
- Allegro from Divertimento in C, K. 188 [Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart]
- Allegretto from Symphony No. 7 [Ludwig van Beethoven]
- Ecossaise [Johann Nepomuk Hummel]
- Ländler from Processional Fanfare [Anton Diabelli]
- Andante [Louis Köhler]
- Spiritual: Come to me [Anon.]
- Song of the Peasant from Album for the Young [Pyotr Il’yich Tchaikovsky / Giuseppe Verdi]
- March [Iwan Müller / August Eberhard Müller]
- Shadows [Vasily Kalinnikov]
- Campanae Parisienses [Ottorino Respighi]
- The Silent Lake from Duets for Children [William Walton]
- Play (from For Children, Vol. 1). Time Pieces for Trumpet, Vol. 1 [Béla Bartók]
- March of the Trumpet Teachers [Paul Harris]